Register to vote online using the New York State Board of Elections' Online Voter Registration portal.
Click on this link to make changes to your Voter Registration https://voterreg.dmv.ny.gov/MotorVoter/?_ga=2.70612694.77338290.1697307535-434249992.1690816268
This link will allow you to lookup your polling location https://voterlookup.elections.ny.gov/
Voter Registration Deadlines
MAIL REGISTRATION (N.Y. Election Law Section 5-210(3))
Applications must be received by a board of elections no later than October 28, 2023 to be eligible to vote in the General Election.
IN PERSON REGISTRATION (N.Y. Election Law Sections 5-210, 5-211, 5-212)
You may register at your local board of elections or any state agency participating in the National Voter Registration Act, on any business day throughout the year but, to be eligible to vote in the General Election, your application must be received no later than October 28, 2023.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS (N.Y. Election Law Section 5-208(3))
Notices of change of address from registered voters received by October 23, 2023 by a county board of elections must be processed and entered in the records in time for the General Election.
Qualifications to Vote by Absentee Ballot
- Absent from your county or, if a resident of New York City absent from the five boroughs, on Election Day.
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability.
- Unable to appear because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
- A resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
- In jail or prison for any reason other than a felony conviction. This includes anyone who is awaiting grand jury action, awaiting trial, or serving a sentence for a misdemeanor
Using the online Absentee Ballot Application portal: https://absenteeballot.elections.ny.gov/
You may return the ballot in any of the following ways:
- Put it in the mail ensuring it receives a postmark no later than November 7th.
- Bringing it to your County Board of Elections Office no later than November 7th by 9pm.
- Bringing it to an early voting poll site in your county between October 28th and November 5th.
- Bringing it to a poll site in your county on November 7th by 9pm.